With traffic volume rapidly rising, the chances of being involved in a car accident are now higher than ever. These accidents impact not only the victims but their families as well; that is why auto accident lawyers in Los Angeles want each resident to be aware of the risks and what can be done to minimize damages.
What types of injuries commonly result from traffic accidents?
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries- these are some of the most common injuries seen in accidents. Mild neck sprains or strains take weeks to heal, but severe ones usually take months.
- Burn Injuries- Though not as common as a neck injury, a burn injury can be life-altering. They are classified into three degrees: First, Second, and Third.
- Broken Bones- Falls are usually the leading causes of broken bones, but motor vehicle accidents are the second most frequent causes. Different types of fractures require different types of careful treatments.
- Airbag Injuries- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 283 people were killed due to airbag deployments between 1990 and 2003. Airbags were built to save lives, but deploying them at high speeds can lead to major injuries.
- Back Injuries and Internal Injuries- These injuries are commonly seen in high-speed accidents. Depending on the degree of damage, victims may need multiple operations and long recovery times.
What actions do victims need to take to be compensated after an accident?
The experts at Avrek Law Firm work with clients to determine the best possible time to file a negligence claim. The first step to getting compensated is to contact one of our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers today.
For more information, check out this infographic by Avrek Law Firm.